I don’t have the old company’s Form-16

Q. I don’t have the old company’s Form-16, I got the form 16 from new company. Can I fill the ITR without old company's form -16?

Ans. You will need a copy of Form 16 from your previous employer also. This is because in case tax has been deducted on your salary by such employer you need to disclose certain additional details. It is better that you have all the Form 16 with you. You are required to disclose the income/ salary earned during the period from 1st April to 31st March whiling filing the Income Tax Return not disclosing the complete income may result into penal actions from Income Tax Authorities.

Also read post - More than one form 16


Popular posts from this blog

Proof of Leave Travel Allowance

Interest on borrowed fund for self-occupied property

Must components in your Salary to minimize Income Tax