Tips n Tax Planning House Property

4. Any house property constructed in name of spouse and such house is constructed by the money of husband/wife of spouse and loan being repaid by such husband/wife, the income from such property should be assessed in name of husband/wife of spouse.
For e.g.: A person constructs a house in name of wife, cost of construction being borne by him and he also pays EMI of any loan which is taken in his name. Then any income from house shall be clubbed in the income of the person who actually incurs the expenditure i.e. the husband in the given case.
Deduction u/s 24(b) may be allowed to the husband keeping in view the fact that now he only is the actual owner of the property not the wife.


Popular posts from this blog

Proof of Leave Travel Allowance

Income Tax Provisions at a Glance

Interest on borrowed fund for self-occupied property